Graduate students are encouraged to take advantage of professional development programs and resources at Rensselaer and beyond. The resources listed below can help you:
- Work well in diverse teams
- Make decisions and solve problems
- Communicate well verbally with people in and out of unit
- Plan, organize, and prioritize work
- Demonstrate proficiency with computers and technology
- Sell and influence others
- Imagine, create, and see connections
- Craft narratives and maximize stories
Graduate Research Symposium
The Graduate Research Symposium is organized for and by graduate students.
Three Minute Thesis Competition
The Three Minute Thesis (3MT) Competition challenges doctoral students to effectively explain their research in three minutes, using language appropriate to a non-specialist audience.
Take advantage of the offices and programs on campus designed to support your success.